Hyderabad International Trade Expositions Limited (HITEX) India and Kenes Exhibitions Israel brings to Hyderabad 2nd edition of AGRITEX 2014. The exhibition aims to bring the farming community and industry specialists together under one roof. The exhibition is scheduled from 7th – 9th July 2014, at Hyderabad International Trade Expositions Limited (HITEX), Hyderabad India.
Agriculture plays an important role in a nation’s economic growth. Hence for the benefit of the farmers and the manufacturers of agricultural technology, HITEX and Kenes exhibition has lined up this 3 day exposition. This year, as the exhibition marks its 2nd edition, it is geared up to host many exhibitors from across the globe including countries like USA, UK, South Africa, and others.
Dan Meiri, (General Manager, Agritech NPO), Israel said, “We are delighted to partner with HITEX and bring together AGRITEX 2014 to Hyderabad. We have invested considerable amount in the exhibition with a vision to bring the best available agricultural faculties and technology from across the world to Indian farmers. This exhibition will provide a platform to the whole industry across the globe to showcase their best and exchange knowledge with the farming community of India which is the highest producer of milk, pulses, jute and much more.”
State of the art and cutting edge technology products and services will be showcased by national and international exhibitors. The visiting farmers will get a forum to compare and understand world class international trends, products and services. The exhibition will have a concurrent show “SEEDTECH Asia 2014” coinciding with AGRITEX 2014.
· The exhibition will introduce the farming community in south India to the new products, techniques and technologies from across the world through a direction program – cum – agri fair.
· The event will emphasize on dry land irrigation, agri – mechanization and agri- marketing.
· Hyderabad International Trade Expositions Limited (HITEX) is a PPP between the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
· Few International companies participating – LR group and others.
· Over 150 Exhibitors including 15 countries participating.
· The exhibition will also have a parallel exhibition – SEEDTECH Asia – 2014.
· Directional programs that aim to appraise the farming community will cover topics like – organic farming, micro – irrigation & watershed management, nurturing agricultural innovations, mechanization in agriculture among others.
· 65% of Indian population relies on agriculture for livelihood and employment.
· India’s is the highest producer of milk, pulses, jute and jute- like fibres and second in rice, wheat, sugarcane, groundnut, etc.
· India ranks 10th in global agricultural and food exports.
· India holds a huge potential for farm mechanization since 65% of its population engaged in agriculture while mechanization is at just 40%.
· In line with the objective of 12th five year plan’s growth target of 6% under the farm sector, the state has set an ambitious target of increasing food grain production to 30 million tons by 2016-17.
· Andhra Pradesh is the leading fruit growing state accounting for 13% of the total fruit production of India.
· Andhra Pradesh tops in the production of spices contributing to 19% of the total spices production in India.
· Accounting for 8% of the total production of vegetables in India, Andhra Pradesh holds the 4th place.